Serra Club of Des Moines
The Saint Serra Club of Des Moines is a Catholic Organization that was established in 1949. It is dedicated to fostering and encouraging vocations to the Priesthood and Religious Life. In addition, we support those already committed by their ordination vows.
Major Activities of the Club through the year include the following:
- We celebrate Mass on the First Friday of each month at a Des Moines area Church, followed by a short business meeting and Continental Breakfast.
- We host five special events throughout the year, which include:
- Bishop's Appreciation Dinner
- Appreciation Dinner for all Diocesan Priests
- Appreciation Dinner for all Diocesan Sisters
- Seminarian Luncheon
- New Member Showcase
- Our members participate in Eucharistic Adoration once a month at local Churches
- Our members say the Rosary weekly to promote more Vocations from the Des Moines Diocese
- We correspond with our Seminarians through-out the year and recognize their birthdays with a financial gift.
This Fund allows our Club to respond to any special financial need a Seminarian may have during the year. It also allows our Club to pursue special events or activities that help us fulfill our Mission.
The minimum donation for these funds is $25. Typical donation amounts are $50, $100, $250, $500, $1,000 or more. Thank you!
The Mark Mulvihill Memorial Fund for Vocations
Mark Mulvihill was a 50 year member of the Saint Serra Club of Des Moines, serving as President and then Treasurer for many years. Mark's family requested that all memorials at the time of his death be directed to the Mark Mulvihill Memorial Fund.
Annual, the fund makes a contribution to the Bishop of the Des Moines Diocese to assist in providing financial support to the Seminarians of the Des Moines Diocese.