On June 30th, 2020, the Catholic Foundation of Southwest Iowa (CFSWIA) awarded 10 grants to Catholic parishes, schools, and organizations with a grant. The 10 grants totaled $29,850. One grant, at $9,000, will be delayed at the recipients request due to COVID-19, and granted out in 2021. In CFSWIA’s 5th year of offering grants, we have now granted over $230,000 to various entities within the Diocese of Des Moines.
Generally, we host our recipients at a luncheon in their honor. Due to this year’s COVID-19 pandemic, we are unable to host all of the recipients for an awards ceremony.
“We are pleased, that among all that has happened this year, we are able to provide grant awards to these well-deserving entities,” says Sue McEntee, CFSWIA Executive Director. “These grants will allow the recipients to move forward with projects that may have been put off due to the financial stress so many are feeling.”
Grant awards for 2020 range from $900 to $9,000 and are being used for projects like improving Hispanic Ministry music programs, outdoor seating (pictured below), new library software, and so much more.
Our mission is to promote a legacy of giving and support within the Diocese of Des Moines remains steadfast. We continue to offer various resources to Catholic and like-minded not for profit entities within our Diocese. CFSWIA also works with individual donors in creating a lasting impact through planned giving.
The ten grant awards were as follows:
- Diocesan Schools Office - $9,000 for flags for each Diocesan school
- Holy Trinity Catholic School - $4,000 for flexible classroom seating and furniture
- Iowans For Life - $5,000 for promotional video production
- Our Lady of the Americas - $3,200 for meeting room furniture
- Sacred Heart Catholic Church - $2,000 for Hispanic ministry music equipment
- St. Anthony Catholic School - $3,400 for electronic library software
- St. Augustin Church - $5,000 for Stephen’s Ministry
- St. Francis Catholic School - $3,000 for STEM classroom lab
- St. Joseph Catholic Church and School - $900 for new lobby monitors
- St. Luke the Evangelist Catholic School - $1,350 for improving their security system
- St. Thomas More Center - $2,000 for new picnic tables